During our recent mission trip to Liberia, we visited Obadiah and his family. They live a block away from the Hope Center. They attend Hope Center Church. His kids go to Hope Center Christian School. Obadiah, his wife, and five children live under an extremely deplorable condition. They reside in a dilapidated mat building that has one room. The building has no protective roof, no floor, and no beds. Everyone, including his kids, sleep on mats that are spread on bare floor. And because the building does not have a foundation, the family suffers heavily whenever there is a downpour of rain.
It is not clear if Obadiah and his children can recover from this condition by themselves, since they have no means of income due to the raging effects of poverty in the country. As you know, poverty stands at 64% in Liberia.
However, the good news is that several years back Obadiah had begun constructing his family house (3 bedrooms, one porch, one living room) before the economy's significant decline, which resulted to his loss of every possible means of income. Now, over the past five years, the building has been sitting there without further work. It is halfway into elevation.
Considering the gravity of their condition, coupled with consistent rainfalls in Liberia, Serve Africa is rallying the support of friends to change the course of life for Obadiah and his kids.
We have raised 60% of the amount needed to finish elevation, put roof, lay floor, install doors/windows, and furnish. We need help with raising the remaining 40%.
Would you kindly consider making a generous donation to this important cause? Please know that 100% of your tax deductible donations will go to this very time-sensitive project. Obadiah and his children will forever remain grateful for your support, especially at this critical juncture of their lives.
Please donate here or send a check to our address with Obadiah's House Project on memo line.